9:00 – On arrival at our offices we will serve you a continental breakfast and a cup of our famous illy coffee to start your day!
9:30 to 12:30 – You will learn some interesting facts and information on coffee
- History and evolution of espresso coffee
- Evolution and characteristics of the espresso machine and the concept of grinding
- Rules for a perfect extraction and practice drills on grinding
- Art and science of the espresso illy coffee
- Tasting session highlighting the most common mistakes
- Maintenance and cleaning the equipment
12:30 to 13:15 – A delicious lunch will be served leading to the next exciting element of the course
13:15 to 16:30 – The practical fun begins here, where you will be taught and practice hands on:
- The fundamentals of espresso coffee
- Milk and its characteristics
- Theory of milk emulsion
- Equipment: Jugs and Spouts
- Practical training on how to prepare cappuccinos and milk emulsion
A Certificate of attendance will be issued on completion of the course.