Coffee brings an element of luxury and happiness into our daily rituals and lives. Whether it’s your usual Cuppa Joe or French press, coffee from your Bialetti or a latte: if you are a coffee fanatic there is a chance that it is a love at first sight. It’s a passion many of us share and something that starts the day on a high, happy note and once you have fallen in love with coffee, it is a love affair that will last forever.
Here are eight clever coffee quotes about coffee that everyone will enjoy. The source for these quotes has been gleaned from:
- Sheik-Abd-al-Kadir once said that “Coffee is the common man’s gold, and like gold, it brings to every person the feeling of luxury and nobility”.
This quote aptly describes the relationship between coffee and individuals from all walks of life – it is a drink that brings a touch of class and a bit of style whether enjoyed in the African bush or sipped overlooking golden beaches from a luxury villa in Barcelona or warming up after skiing on the Swiss Alps – coffee is a favourite with people from right across the globe.
- According to Charles Maurice de Talleyrand- Périgord, coffee is “Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel and sweet as love”.
This quote is derived from an old Turkish proverb that describes coffee brewed and enjoyed throughout Turkey.
- According to Flash Rosenberg, “I believe humans get much done, not because we’re shrewd, but because we have fingers so we can make coffee”.
This quote probably applies to most of us – if you have fingers and can make coffee, the little boost of energy from each cup will spur us on, make difficult tasks less so and bring our day together in a way that nothing else besides coffee, can.
- Alexander King said that “Actually, this seems to be the rudimentary essential of the human heart in nearly every great catastrophe – a good, warm cup of coffee”.
Never a truer word uttered. Coffee mends hearts, enhances friendships, and brings people together like no other beverage – the perfect antidote to problem-solving.
- Clark Gable once said, “Happiness only transpires once I’ve had my coffee”.
This is perhaps true for many of us. Usually, our day does not start until we’ve had our very first Cuppa Joe.
- Jackie Chan’s feelings about coffee “Coffee is a language in itself.”
Coffee holds no barriers and is an international language where words are not necessary. A cup of coffee shared with anyone from across the globe is an international unspoken language.
- Sandra Bullock’s quote “I gave up coffee and it is almost as bad as breaking up with a lover” holds true for many of us; not easy to give up and when we do, we go through a mourning period of loss.
- Virginia Woolf got the warm and fuzzy feeling from coffee and what it meant to her – she said it just right “How much better is stillness; the coffee cup, the table. How much better to sit on my own like the solitary seabird that opens its wings on the stake. Let me sit here for all time with basic things; this coffee cup, this knife, this fork, things in themselves, myself being myself.”
From these quotes, it is obvious that coffee means different things to different people. What you feel about your Cuppa Joe is a very personal thing – coffee and love seem to go hand in hand like a horse and carriage.