There’s coffee…and there’s coffee. Here we refer to the magic of making coffee the way the coffee professionals do. Once you make coffee like a pro, you will never want to drink your Cuppa Joe any other way!
Once you have honed the skills and practised the ritual of brewing the perfect, meticulous, memorable cup using a few simple tricks, you will be converted for life, transforming your brew from “so-so” to eye-popping. Enjoy life-changing java the way it was always meant to be. There are distinct differences between a good cup and a great cup of coffee; perhaps the most obvious difference is that there is a distinct long-lasting taste left behind on the palate long after the last drop has been consumed.
A great cup of coffee will always deliver on its promise. The anticipation of the aromas of freshly ground beans and fresh brew permeating the air holds the promise of satisfying the fussiest palates.
Here are a couple of pointers to achieving the perfect Cuppa Joe
- Your vessel from which you drink your coffee matters. Would you drink fine champagne from a kitchen mug or a great wine from a plastic glass? The answer is probably no because you eat and drink with your eyes. By upping your ante with the very mug or cup you drink your coffee from could actually improve the flavour of your coffee. It is time to ditch the cheap and nasty mugs and instead go for a little style and class. It is a known fact that the brain registers fine things with fine taste
- Have you ever considered heating your cup or mug, especially in the chilly winter months? By heating up your mug or cup will keep your beverage warmer for longer. Bear in mind that microwaving coffee is a big no-no if you are after the real deal
- There is no time like the present to start grinding your very own coffee beans. Great quality beans that are fresh stored in airtight containers in a cool place (not the fridge or freezer) and used almost immediately after being ground will give amazing results – grinding your own coffee beans is akin to eating seafood fresh from the sea. The oils in coffee beans are released as you are about to brew but when buying coffee that has been ground already, you lose these essential oils and much of the CO2 is also lost during any pre-grinding of the beans
- It’s a cool idea to experiment with different methods – and even though you might prefer your coffee black or with a dash of milk, it is exciting to make it a little more exciting by adding unusual flavours such as a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg or a drop of chocolate
- Try a variety of coffee–making methods including stove-top (Bialetti), filtered coffee, espresso, French-pressed coffee and find out in the process just how much varying methods of making coffee alters the taste
- You need to know how to heat the milk to perfection, too as overheating the milk will alter the sweetness of the milk
- Try roasting your beans even if it takes a couple more minutes to do so which adds even more flavour to your coffee which takes between 15 to 30 minutes a week
A couple of tiny adjustments to your morning coffee routine will go from turning out cups of ordinary coffee to conjuring mugs of enchantment that’ll get your day on the right foot. Your friends, family and neighbours will soon be beating a path to your door.